New Destination for Immunisation Information in Scotland
From June 28th 2018, there will be new online location for information about immunisation and vaccines in Scotland – www.nhsinform.scot/immunisation
ACTION FOR BOARDS: From June 28th, please start to update existing links to the old website (immunisationscotland.org.uk) and promote the new location for immunisation content to your local stakeholders.
· On the 28th June 2018 the Immunisation Scotland (immunisationscotland.org.uk) website will close and NHS Scotland Immunisation web content will be live on NHSinform (nhsinform.scot/immunisation).
· Re-directs from the Immunisation Scotland will be in place when the new pages are live – these will send users from the old website to the new destination of the content.
· Leaflets which signpost the old website will be updated as they come up for reprint – forthcoming Flu, Shingles leaflets and the new 0-5 leaflet will have the new URL.
· NHS inform is Scotland's national health information service, it aims to be the single source of health information online for the public in Scotland. The website helps the people in Scotland to make informed decisions about their own health and the health of people they care for.
Features & Benefits of the NHSinform.scot website:
· nhsinform.scot - was redesigned in November 2016 and is now accessible across all mobile devices. The improved accessibility, navigation and user- experience has contributed to a significant increase in users, with over 1.7 million individual users visiting in May 2018.
· Links can be built within the NHSinform immunisation content to other areas of the website – such as illnesses and conditions, e.g Meningitis, Shingles, Flu
· NHS Inform webchat has a ‘webchat’ function where the public can ask questions about all health topics including vaccines
We hope you like the new home of immunisation content online.
Please direct any questions/comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
NHS Dumfries & Galloway Health Protection & Screening
Health Protection Team
Tel 01387 272724
Fax 01387 272759
Tel 01387 244368
Tel 01387 244375
Child Health Team
Tel 01387 244367
Tel 01387 244310
If you have any comments, or suggestions for topics you would like to see included on the website, please Email Us.